Hypocrisy, double standard and psychophancy of congress party and in congress party stands exposed. In order to gain power, congress party is adopting a strategy to stop government from passing key legislations. All in the name of helping poor and underprivileged. The party blocked parliament proceedings in the monsoon session. They were protesting corrupt practices of government ministers. All entreaties of ruling party to engage into debate and discussion fell into deaf ear.
The winter session of parliament began with cautious optimism. Prime Minister reached out to congress supremo to obtain her party's backing for key bills. All effort, however, went into a tailspin when Delhi High Court rejected a petition of Mrs. Sonia Gandhi and Mr. Rahul Gandhi to quash a law suit against them and granting them permission to not appear personally on a case involving acquiring assets of National Herald news paper.
Congress party went berserk. They blocked parliament proceedings accusing central government of political vendetta. Nation remained confused. How come a court summon be called a political vendetta? Is congress party accusing judiciary to be in collusion with central government to defame congress party supremo? After all, court has only asked Gandhis to present themselves in person. They have not accused Gandhis of any wrong doing, as of now. Yet the same congress party that was blocking parliament protesting corruption of central ministers a few months earlier, is now blocking parliament to protect its own leaders from corruption charges.
I decided to read on National Herald case to get an understanding of the case. The more I read, the more I get convinced that Gandhis are guilty. Consider the following points:
1. National Herald news paper was setup by Jawaharl Lal Nehru and others to propagate secular values. Jawahar Lal Nehru was not the only person who was responsible. So Gandhi family cannot have a birthright to National Herald news paper and its properties.
2. Because congress was in power for more that 50 years, National Herald group had a lot of property allotted to its name. These properties were given by governments of state and centre, at a subsidised rate or free of cost. When National Herald becomes defunct, and ownership changes hand, property should go back to government not to Gandhi family. By the way property is worth 2000 crore.
3. Congress party gave a loan of 90 crore to parent company of National Herald - Associated Journals Limited. Why did AJL not liquidate its 2000 crore asset to pay 90 crore debt? Why congress party had to give an interest free loan?
4. Then another company - Young Indian where Gandhi family has invested 50 lac rupees, takes over debt of Associated Journal and becomes owner of all properties of Associated Journal Limited. Property worth 2000 crore for 50 lac. If Young Indian was interested in upholding secular values through news paper, how come they have not published anything in last 4 - 5 years?
5. The Herald House in Delhi that is one of the Associated Journal Properties now controlled by Young Indian, gets a rent of Rs. 60 lac a year from government. Yes it is tax payers money.
6. A political party collects donation from public. Then passes an unsecured loan to a news paper group. Which ends up earning rent for a family. Can a tax tempte money of a political party be allowed to secure rent from real estate business?
I think this is scam. Gandhi family through Young Indian has grabbed the Herald Property. They may not have sold it today but they have full control of the assets. They are earning a huge rent from one property in Delhi. If anything, subsidised property should go to government when the property is not being used for the purpose. Perpetrators of scam should go where - everyone knows.